"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Listen when I'm silent there's a
Sound that only you can hear
Listen when it's quiet I know
You can hear it, cover up your ears
COVER UP YOUR EARS

-- A Sound That Only You Can Hear, K's Choice (written by Sarah & Gert Bettens)

I'm not going to say that I'm out of it but it's nice to be smiling so easily again and it's nice to be here again even though I don't know where here will be after a few months. All I know is that there is so much fun in getting to know someone new and the little bits of electricity that you get when that person smiles because you did something funny.

The little game of being yourself and being funny and charming and wonderful and hoping that it is appreciated.

Getting materialistic again and I've got a wishlist going on and the top three items on that wishlist is a car, a laptop and an I-pod. The car is to help me get around and not have to rely on public transportation that gets impossible during rush hour and that gets a little intimidating during really early morning and you are sleepy and tired and it's late and there are suspicious characters about. The laptop is to help me work anywhere I find myself. I can take a vacation is still write. It's the mobility of working and something that doesn't take too much space since, apparently, I'll be moving to a smaller place. And an I-pod is for music in-demand. I can listen to my music when I want it, where I want it. I think I can fill up the 1,000 song requirements in a matter of seconds with all the music at my place. It would be instant.

Little things are like books and more CDs. I still have yet to buy the new Tori Amos CD and I see it all the time and it stares at me and beckons me to buy it and I want to but I have to be practical. I have rent to pay, bills to pay. I also want to get the new Kelly Clarkson CD especially since Chantal Kreviazuk co-wrote songs with her. I don't have the latest Corrs CD either. I still have yet to get a single Aimee Mann CD and I love her and I still don't have a single album of hers. That's so frustrating. The books are plenty but I don't know which to get. There have been no recommendations. I know that I still want to get Margaret Atwood's The Blind Assassin. It sounds like a book right up my alley. And I really like her writing. Neil Stephenson has a new series which started with Quicksilver. Of course, that scares me because that means I won't be able to rest until I've completed and read the whole series.

I also need new shoes and kind of a new wardrobe. I've been recycling clothes and running out of combinations for the outfits at home. I need to spark up a bit.

I've always wanted a metal watch and a bracelet.

*Sigh* The material life. It's something that hasn't entered my mind as of late and it was fun living a life that was not bent towards things. It just hit me again lately. It's funny that way, I guess. Popping up at the strangest of moments.

Well, gotta keep working so I can eventually afford all that I want.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?