"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

You say good, I say you should, will you be there?
Making miracles is hard work,
Most people give up before they happen.

Maybe that's something
Maybe that's one thing more than I've seen
Maybe that's something more than nothing

-- Maybe That's Something, Sheryl Crow

I've been in contact with old friends as of late and it's been good to keep in touch with them. Some times you have to be able to look back and laugh at all that you've been through. You can't look back in anger... hey! Isn't that an Oasis song?

Last night, I found myself spending hours on end reading my old journal, the notebook, hand-written one where I really spill everything out. I was reading the entries from March 14, 2002 until June 21, 2004. I must've spent over 3 hours goign through everything I've written there.

You know what I discovered? I am not the same person I was then. Completely, totally a different person. I was such a weak, pathetic person before. I'm a little better off now. I'm more confident, tougher and more in tuned to what I need. So many entries were spent complaining how things had to change and that I've had it up to my head with certain people and the next few pages again, I was at it again. Same-old, same-old. Nothing changed for a long time. It was really sad and pathetic reading it and knowing that it was me.

The other thing that got to me was my hand-writing. It was rather legible. How cool is that? Ha Ha Ha But it was not consistent. It changes every time I change ball pen. It was funny to see; thinking it was different people making those entries.

And it is weird because it was somebody totally alien who was reading those entries but it was me.

So much has changed.
Comments:
i've felt exactly what you posted.

i've been putting my thoughts on paper since i was in grade school and sometimes looking back even just a few years can startle me. change happens so slowly that you rarely see it. but the words we wrote then are permanent examples of how we were. lets just hope we changed for the better ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?