"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Time to come out of you egg,
Crack it open and show your face.

Don't conceal what you feel,

Let it shine:

That you'd like to be always nine.

-- Nine, from the musical Nine (words and music by Maury Yeston)

I'm sick to the bone. I've been so sick, I didn't eat anything since Wednesday night. I had had no appetite and I've been surviving on water and pineapple juice. At least this is the sort of cleansing diet thing I wanted but I don't know if the lack of real nourishment will help me to get better.

The other day was horrible. After a late night meeting in Makati, already I knew I was coming down with something but I had to get to it, you know? Work is work. Walking away from the condo and walking towards a place where I was suppose to meet up with a friend, hoping to get something warm and maybe get a ride home, I just started shivering, really badly. I was shivering so badly, I began gnashing my teeth, my legs wanted to give way but I knew I had to get to somewhere warm. My head began to pound and I could feel my stomach ready to explode. I wanted to puke. I felt my heart pounding on the interior of my chest. If that is what a heart attack is suppose to feel like, well, count me out. I don't want it. I don't want to know...

So I stayed home yesterday, the whole day of Thursday, taking a lot of liquids and medicines. I couldn't eat solid foods because I had no appetite and my throat is so swollen I didn't think I could get anything in. It's hard to swallow as it is...

Out of Berna's suggestion, I ran here to my Mom's house where at least I could be taken cared of. Some people here can cook for me and watch over me. It's tough.

That one whole day alone in my place, I had to do everything myself. It was pathetic, really... I was moaning in pain, rolling on the floor counting the hours until the next time I could take a paracetamol or a pain-killers... It was such a chore to get up to go to the bathroom just to fucking piss.

This is the problem with people like me who only get sick once a year. When it happens, we don't know how to deal with it. It hits us like a tidal wave.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?