"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Take me out tonight
Where there is music and there's people
And they're young and alive

-- There Is a Light That Never Goes Out, The Smiths (written by Morrissey and Marr)

Last night, a dream came true for me. I was in a club. Suffering from a horrible night, the night before, I decided I just wanted to let loose and feel everything and nothing as I was to dance the night away. As the music hit its zenith early on in the night, my friend (who is a dancer) and I, decided to explode. We began dancing at hyper levels and all of a sudden, people began to move away, give us space and cheer us on. Nobody was looking at the people on the ledge. They were looking at the two of us. And they were cheering.

That night, people were watching me dance and I couldn't have felt any better. I must say, I had all intentions of stealing the attention out of everyone and I felt like I was able to accomplish it last night. I was dancing from 12:30am until 5am.

Slowly, the moon was being eaten away. It was no longer the full moon, but the remnants were still there. And it was great...

And I was surprised at my energy (either that or my need for release) because that evening, before going out, I had gone wall-climbing and once again, my trainer pushed me to levels of climbing I had not yet accomplished. He was really pushing me because he wanted me to start improving and developing my skills. He was giving me an endurance and stamina program which involves a lot of laps. It felt great. I was climbing more than I was able to do the previous month when I started. And it's getting easier and easier as my body is learning, by reflex, the proper way to climb -- it isn't the arms that should be doing all the work; it's a combination of both arms and legs. But if you don't want to tire yourself out quickly, you push up with your legs and just steady yourself with your arms.

I suppose it is easy to say that yesterday was a full body work out. With climbing to work on my muscles and definitions and the non-stop explosive, high-energy dancing as cardio. Doing this kind of dancing once a week and my wall-climbing three times a week will really do wonders for my fitness.

It was a great time. I woke up thinking it was a Sunday... hehe
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?