"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Monday, February 07, 2005

I'm naked, shameless and peeling back the layers like
Like an onion girl,
Don't try to save me
Just stay away `cuz I might make you cry...

-- Onion Girl, Holly Cole (written by L. Harding & J. Hull)

Did something stupid last night. Considering all the stories I've heard of people getting exploited and all that I know about these things; I put myself in a situation where things could turn that way for me. It's because I'm needy, I suppose. Not financially... just for the attention, or worse, for something a little more carnal?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Never trust a stranger. People can say whatever they want and it could sound believable. You would never know, really... And I fell for it. Allowed someone to take advantage. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb! And it's not as if I wasn't already frightened, had it at the back of my head, my intuition was hitting my hard like a hammer to my head and what did I do? I still ended up playing the game...

I had already said it, "You have me at a disadvantage..." and I didn't even listen to my own advice.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Sometimes, I guess, you just have to learn the hard way. I hope I don't get burned for this. Sometimes, you just got to be more careful and never trust a rose lying on the ground, no matter how pretty, they still have their thorns. Some games are fun to play but never take it too far; and know who you are going to be playing with. It's called topography. An army never runs to battle without prior to knowledge of the land, the enemy. Or at least, they shouldn't. Not without a plan, anyway...

*sigh* I have to be accountable for my actions. I'm prepared. God, I hope I'm ready for this...
Comments:
i hope things work out well for you. -- Tony Lou.
 
I love that song. Take care Ü
 
If you really believed in what you're doing, you'd never ask yourself questions. Please be careful, old friend. The world has a way of running our true needs through the mud, never once giving heed to the damage wrought.
 
And what exactly did you do? (I'm sorry, I've not been able to read blogs lately) Who took advantage of whom btw?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?