"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

For the good things you've done; obstacles you've overcome; loves won and lost; dreams and people you continue to lust for... take a bow. They all mean you have a life! -- from my Dad

Distracted. I'm currently very distracted in trying to find a distraction in order to get my mind off certain things. It's a cycle of life, I suppose, or deep down inside, it's what I hope. There's just some sort of anxiety going on right now. So much that's about to begin, so much that has ended and I don't know where I stand.

I'm repeating myself. This strangely sounds like a previous entry. I thought everything was becoming clear but ever since that trial hosting thing, old dreams and ambitions have popped up. And then, opportunities have come my way and as I was writing for the proposal stage of that project, I found it easy to do. Again, so many things distracting me from doing the things I have to be doing.

I need a distraction from all these distractions so that I can just go back to work when all is said and done.

It's like the Eight of Cups in the tarot card. In the Universal Waite painting, it's a young boy (or girl) looking at the sky and there are 8 cups before him/her and in them are various things, magical, great things like jewels, a dragon, a flashing light, water over-flowing. The card can be interpreted many ways. In one interpretation, it's illusion. In the sky is all our wants and desires, and they can be grabbed and even the idea that it can be grabbed is an illusion. They distract us from our goal and keep us thinking about what is it that we really want.

The other interpretation is that we are presented with so much and we end up staggering, unable to choose from the many things offered.

Actually, there are so many interpretations, it all depends on the set up of the cards but those are the most occuring readings I get from that card when they come up on the spread when I read tarot.

That's how I feel right now. I'm presented with the eight cups and though it is great, I keep forgetting that I already have one and that I should be there right now, drinking from it.

I hate these moments of indecision. What is so wrong with me that I cannot be content with that which I have?

I can feel it. The Monkey is having its last laugh before the Rooster will begin to crow.

The year of the Rooster is suppose to be a good one for the Sheep/Goat, albeit a little expensive; a little on the extravagant side. Well, I don't plan to be frugal.

Right now, I'd rather just have clarity and focus.
Comments:
wanggo! yes of course! :) hehe you know cat din pala. i've bloghopped here before! flight of the rocketman. hope you're not as distracted now.. :) love that quote from your dad. have a great day and i hope you review for us again soon. :)
 
hello! just bouncin' through your blog. by any chance, did you or are you teaching in la salle? :p
 
yup. i used to teach in la salle. i taught world literature, philippine literature and art appreciation...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?