"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Everyone has a different journey in life. Do not be afraid of the storms; just learn to sail your ship. -- as texted to me by my Father

I hate this weakness. This burden on my back, the ache in my joints, the cracking sound my bones make when I move after having stayed still for a long time. This cloud that hovers over my head. I hate this weakness. This mortal shell we call the body is so useless when rendered ill. If there were only a way around it...

I suppose it is thoughts like these that starts off those science fiction stories, eh? But I don't blame these people. It's such a chore to have to work around 65% efficiency, especially when you are so used to having your wits all about you. I hate having to stoop down because it's less pain on my neck. I know I end up looking like an old man but the pain to keep my posture up is just so gross.

And I eat and drink like a pelican. I chew and then I raise my head up to help the food go down my throat. My brother was looking at me and smiling. "You look like a Pelican," he replied after I had said, "I can't believe I'm eating like a fuckin' crocodile!" I think Pelican was more right at the bat.

God, I can remember the times when my friends would be so happy they got sick so they didn't have to go to school. I hated it. I never liked it. Stayed away from it like the plague. Not that I knew what to stay away from. I just continued working and playing at full efficiency and if I felt like there was a little bit of sickness hanging onto me, I'd still act normal. Eventually, I thought, my body would realise I wasn't going to go easy on it just because it was coming with a flu, so it would have to toughen up, and it did. I rarely got sick.

And now that I am, I'm a fucking cry-baby. I'm a wimp.

But I can tell the worse is over. I just have to make sure nothing goes wrong with the recovery and I'll be fine.
Comments:
I havent gotten sick, not even a cold in over a year...and this from a girl who'd get one everytime it was THAT time of the month (if you know what i mean). Green Tea is the secret, well, my secret anway. Get better soon, Wang :)! Love Ya! Maya
 
i was always sick. Maybe thats why I relish each day im in the pink of health.

Always wondered how people who were always healthy felt when they did get sick... Get well soon dude.
 
get well soon wanggo! :)

much love, cat
 
I hope you die Wanggo. I do hope you die.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?