"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the window. -- as texted to me by my Dad

After a hard day's work last Saturday, we watched Street Fusion 5, a dance concert of the UP Street Dance Club. I forgot how much I enjoy watching these performances; considering how much I love dancing. It was a joy to see such movements. I can't admit to having liked all the dances since R&B and hip-hop is not my most favourite of musical styles but all in all, I did enjoy myself and the performance.

It also came to the point that Berna looked at me and we both smiled. We knew we were going out dancing that night. We had to. We've been working so hard and we haven't gone out to enjoy ourselves in such a long time. So off we went to a club that night and I danced from 1am to 5:30am. Before that, I went to my friend's birthday party at Gweilos and got sufficiently drunk on white wine and beer (what a combination!).

I just jumped into the fray and didn't care about who was looking at me; I just exploded in the dance floor and ceased being a human. I was just this dancing thing and found myself slowly forgetting all my worries and cares. I was just enjoying myself and losing myself to the dance.

It can't be too long before that happens again.

Sunday, my body was just in so much pain. It was not ready for such a dancing onslaught, I must've put my body through a certain amount of strain. So I didn't want to do anything in particular. I just wanted to rest. So I went to my bestfriend's place and watched movies.

Suffice to say, I had a restful and enjoyable Sunday. I watched Mike Nichol's Closer and I must say, it is the best movie about relationships I've ever seen. Despite strong performances from all the actors, I'm sorry to say but Natalie Portman stole the whole show. She was amazing. From the moment she appears on screen until far after the movie, she still resonates in your head and refuses to leave. After watching Closer, I watched Sideways and I was still talking about Natalie Portman. That's how powerful her performance is. I love Cate Blanchet but I'm sorry, Natalie Portman deserves that upcoming Oscar. Aside from the fact that the movie is just terrific in all aspects, her performance is legendary and will be talked about until the end of her career, which I hope happens way after I'm gone.

It amazes me how a girl so young can be so good as an actress and still be gorgeous, sexy and charming and also intelligent (I've read a number of her interviews and there's a brain behind that gorgeous, gorgeous face). What a truly inspiring and beguiling person. I'm in awe of her.

Now the weekend is over and I'm back to work and I can still feel the aches and pains in my body from dancing to much last Saturday but it's okay. It is reminding me I'm alive and I had loads of fun and that everything starts again. The counter has been reset. I'm ready again. Let this world do its worst. I'm recharged.

Sometimes, that's all we need.
Comments:
LOL. Im loving that text from your Dad :D. I agree completely!

Maya
 
i love to dance.

i believe that it rejuvinates the soul. put on anything with a beat and my hips will begin to sway. its powerful. glad to hear your feeling better :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?