"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, February 18, 2005

The evening of a well spent life bring its lamps with it. -- Joseph Joubert

Got to see Constantine, at last and was pretty impressed with the way the movie played out. Loved it. But then again, I am such an occult freak. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who'd start a coven and wear black nail polish and shit like that. I wouldn't even cast spells if someone gave me a book (though I used to, got the bloody karma for casting them too. Never cast spells unless you really know how to, they're dangerous and we all have that power, just a warning) but I am the type of person who would read the book, cover-to-cover. I do believe in another world and that they sometimes collide with ours. I love all that demon and angel shit, especially when done in the Vertigo manner (where Constantine, or Hellblazer, the comic was published) where the angels and demons were written intelligently. I am such a geek for all that occult stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if ever I discovered I had that gift of sight, that ability to see through the other world; pierce the veil of shadows that separates the real world from the world beyond. What would I do? I'd embrace it, I guess. I know it's a scary world but it's a world that makes more sense to me than this real one.

Because right now, I'm the poster child for a level of desperate poverty and I make a damn good looking poster, I must say. I failed to pay my rent and I got to find a way to make the extra cash and pay it back ASAP. God, this world is so tough. Paying bills, making a living, saving, buying necessities and just getting through the day without regretting that you're spending most of your life working rather than doing the things you want to do. It's really tough and that is something they keep warning you when you are a student but there's no real way to know what it really is like until you are there, you know?

I should know, I always warned my students about it back when I was teaching and I don't think I warned them enough. I'm just glad I was teaching Literature. The stories we took up always had some form of life lesson involved. It wasn't enough. I didn't realise it either until I had to go through it myself.

It makes performing exorcism look like a day in the beach, really. When your greatest battles are in the form of good versus evil, heaven versus hell, it makes the day-to-day seem so pointless, really. Something that should be done just to get it over with. But if the day-to-day is what consumes you; it becomes something far greater than it really is. That's what is getting me down today.

Maybe that's why I like movies so much and stories and stuff. Because it gets me out of that day-to-day. I need it. I'm not in a good place, right now, in my real life...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?