"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Edge -- there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. -- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Blurry. Vague. Opaque. That's how my world feels like right now. I stare outward and see everything in a haze. There's a fog and I don't know what is on the otherside but I'm not turning back and going for the comforts of a familiar shelter. I'm going in.

Had dessert with two friends at 7pm since I had lunch at 5. On my way back to the office, I saw the beautiful Full Moon hanging low in the sky, beautiful and yellow. It was so yellow, it was like some yolk, suspended in the air, with a cloud right below it. Almost like the egg white was separated and it was just left there.

It's so aesthetically pleasing. I don't know why.

Man is composed of 80% water (though I think it's 90%) and this is why we are so affected by the phases of the moon. Just like the tides, we are influenced by the position of the moon and its distance to us. I've always believed in that saying, "I'm sorry. I don't know why I acted that way! It was a full moon." I understand what they mean.

Does that mean I'm going to do something crazy tonight? Maybe. It would be nice to go crazy tonight and blame it on the yellow moon.

The yellow moon. Like an eye watching down from the sky wondering what you will be doing tonight under its influence...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?