"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

But in the corner of my mind
A little angel saying
"Don't waste your love,
You love too much."

-- Elephant, A Camp (written by Nina Persson and Mark Linkous)

Finished writing the studio shoot scripts at 9 in the morning. Got home at around 10. Woke up at 6pm and saw that the sun was gone. There was nothing left for me to savour. Missed out on a chance to do some wall-climbing and now I'm back at the office working on some stuff.

I got to find a better schedule than this.

If I only didn't love this job... Now I'm beginning to sound like a Tina Arena song, "If I didn't love you, love you like crazy..." But it's true. I can now truly relate to that song, especially since it was never a love song. She really meant to write that song for the music industry. But because of the way it was written, people mistook it for being a love song, which works well for Tina Arena anyway. Helped the sales of that album a whole lot.

Been listening to Portishead and Lamb. Really loving the whole trip-hop, drum and bass sound of their music. Want to write that kind of songs, right now, I find it very challenging. I love the way it seems that their music and lyrics are very separate from each other. The lyrics and melody was written independently from the music and the composer worked around it, creating those drum beats and sound effects. I find that sort of process... I don't know. Intriguing? Complex?

I've decided to finally give in to my father's wishes and I am now growing my hair. I always have that ugly period when you are growing your hair and I've decided, to avoid that part, I'm now wearing bonnets or a cap. I've decided to hide my head and hair with an article of clothing. It's really a whole new look for me and I've always been against wearing anything on my head. But it's time for a change.

Things are slowly moving to that direction -- I must change again, apparently. The old ways are no longer working and so I must adapt once again. I'm planning to do some drastic things on my birthday but we'll see. It's not that far off. I'm just preparing myself for whatever outrageous thing comes into my head.

I'm not as impulsive as I might seem. I don't take too many risks. Maybe it's time to raise the ante. I'm going to be 26 soon, after all. It's about time I do something a little more daring, right?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?