"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Beware the barrenness of a busy life. -- Socrates

After going out, again, last night, I've decided I am NOT going to go dancing two consecutive nights. There's no point. My body is still in absolute pain from the night before. I can't give it my all and there is no point dancing if I can't give it my all, right?

But before I went out last night, I went with my friend as he was covering an event for my show. We went to this bar in Makati called Saguijo (or is it Sa Guijo, am not sure...) and found a nice relaxing atmosphere with some cool rock bands and rather inexpensive drinks (relatively cheaper than most Makati prices, anyway). I had a good time there. Saw some old friends and discovered another side of Makati. I don't want to say "the unpretensious side of Makati" because it's not that Makati is pretensious, it's just that it's a little too glamourous for me. There are too many needs and requirements. I want to have fun with all the trappings but on my terms. I want to dress the way I want to. I want to have fun the way I want to. And it's not always available at the usual haunts in Makati.

But then, Saguijo is a different kind of place. Cool vibe. It's an old house turned bar, gallery and boutique. The boutique has interesting stuff. It's called I Love You (cute name) and has some cool rocker shirts that I'm interested in. Unfortunately, I was there to work and didn't bring extra cash.

Then, I woke up this Sunday at around 5pm (I got home around 6, so go figure!). Went to my Mom's place for the usual family gathering to be ultimately shocked at the state that it was in. I knew my mom was leaving for Bacolod for good but to see the condo in boxes, almost all the furniture gone was a little jarring for me. I lived here for a year, pretty much. It was just so strange to see it all packed up and ready to go.

When my Mom leaves for Bacolod, she'll be leaving my brother and I alone here and we'll be technically orphans. Both my parents will be in Bacolod now and that will make communication with most of my family members down to e-mail and text messaging. A whole new dimension to my relationships and family dynamics, I see. How strange...

An added new depth to my state of transition. Things are really changing. Gotta grow up! Gotta grow up!
Comments:
oooh i love SaGuijo! mura lang ang cerveza!

And well, i will use the word unpretentious to describe it =)

oh by the way, did you know that clovy and kris f. are married?

and by the way (again), thanks for linking my blog =)

pare, sayaw tayo!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?