"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

"We set out to change the world... ended up changing ourselves."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing. If you don't look at the world."

-- The Velvet Goldmine, written and directed by Todd Haynes

I just love connection. The idea of meeting someone and talking for hours on end and understanding where you both are coming from. With me, you can tell if I like you if I'm sharing rather personal stories on the get-go. They say I'm a pretty easy person to warm up to but I can be very cautious. I can still be chatty without revealing anything about myself. I have a way of making someone feel like they are the only person in the world at that moment. It's something I learned from being the youngest in a family of very strong characters. You tend to know how to respect another person's ego.

And I met an amazing person the other day. I felt we hit it off right at the bat. Well, Cat is an amazing person. Articulate, great sense of humour, intelligent. Definitely a modern everday god and I have a great load of affection for them.

I added her blog on my list. Couldn't tell the title of her blog so I just wrote it down as "Cat's Blog."

There is something about blogging, really. It's such a powerful thing. The idea of getting your opinions out there and opinions have jumped across borders and even the most simple of people now have a place to be heard. And there are tons of blogs out there and I've barely scratched the surface of it all.

I've begun reading other people's blogs and, of course, have found mine to be overly self-indulgent. But then again, I have always been a self-indulgent person. I mean, it amazes me to think I've been blogging almost regularly, almost everyday since I started in September of 2003. Almost a whole year and a half! There are even days when I've entered 2 entries in one day.

It just overwhelms me the amount of things any one person has to say. It really amazes me how this world has gotten smaller and smaller because of friendster and now the blogs. There are people out there who I know only by blogs. What a concept!

I watch all these period movies and read these books set in 1898 and the whole concept must be strange and alien to them; to these people/characters.

Knowing someone so well and not having ever met them.

This is really a whole new world. More later on...

Comments:
i love making connections as well. learning new ideas from someone else, has always been one of the perks of my existence :)

it was great to finally sit down and chat with you the other day. to more conversations and film nights :) i've linked you up as well :)

much love, cat
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?