"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, January 14, 2005

It's only a thing after all. Someone owned it before me, someone will own it after. I'm only borrowing it really. We all are. We all get too attached to possessions, to things. They cannot be possessed, utterly, like food or wine. They are only on loan to us, these things we so cherish. -- The Blue Afternoon, William Boyd

Today was rather pleasant. I find myself in good spirits.

I woke up early despite having slept late. I slept at 4 in the morning because I watched a pretty good film. I watched Open Waters. There were things I would've done differently, if I were the director, but then again, the movie was moving and receive the necessary empathy from me. It did its job. Maybe my own way would have been too much for what the movie needed.

And I found myself waking up at 9 in the morning and despite my urgings to try to return to the land of dreams, found myself unable to go back to sleep. So despite having less than enough hours of z's, I decided to take the day by the horns and make the most of it.

I went to Makati and got my second to the last check from Youngstar. Sad as it is, the magazine is folding and so I've pretty much lost one of my regular rackets and avenues for publishing. Sad, very sad. Then, having been a rather big amount (apparently, I was prolific the months of July to November) and with some time on my hands, I had a nice heavy lunch and bought a CD. I had already returned Anne's copy of Nina Simone's 3 CD compilation so I bought my own. And it was at the price of 1 CD at that! So it was a great buy.

I went to Smart and inquired regarding my phone. I had already finished my two year contract for my line and then, when you renew your contract, you are supposed to get a new phone based on their retension program. Apparently, for the past two months, they don't have any new units to offer. And I didn't want to pick up another stupid cell phone and have to tolerate it's inadequacy because Smart doesn't have the capacity to serve it's clientelle with a great phone.

But that's the luck of the draw. I've never been lucky with cell phones. I've never had a cell phone stolen or lost but I've never had a good cell phone, either. And I always miss out on the good cell phone promos. And now I'm stuck with this God awful unit that was given to me by a former boss (who did not tell me that it had fallen several times, once in the toilet bowl, go figure!). Considering though, of it's 'stuntman-like' activities in the past, it's holding up pretty good.

But I really need a better phone. Really.

Then I got a haircut and it feels great. I just had a trim and then had the stylist thin my hair, being so thick, but not to touch the length because I'm still unsure whether I want to grow my hair long or not. And I think the stylist did a pretty good job. Very easy to maintain hair and still something I can play with when I'm in the mood.

I shopped for some nice clothes, cheap, of course, but a new pair of jeans is always something to be happy about. And then what remained of my money, I deposited, paid some bills and slowly but surely rebuilding my lost savings...

Now I'm back at work and though it's evening, dark out, I'm happy to note that I'm still pleasant (despite the phone thing) and having a good day and it's not that I haven't been having a good day; it's just that I don't seem to have the time to appreciate that fact.

Well, today, I had the time to appreciate what I have. I am appreciative and grateful for what I've been given and what I am having.

To whatever is out there, to the universe, to everyone... Thank you!
Comments:
am glad you're doing just peachy wanggo.. keep it up! miss you! and i just watched finding neverland, wow you were right! what an incredible film! loved every minute of it! - dawnie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?