"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

In architecture, as in art, the more you reduce the more exacting your standards must be. The more you strip down and eliminate, the greater the pressure on, the import of, what remains. - The Blue Afternoon, William Boyd

There is no more other. Never called, never tried to reach me and I tried and tried and "I'm sorry, not home." Or the phone would ring and ring and no one would pick it up. I don't know the new number. Never got in a word edgewise. I was never given the opportunity to try and work it out and never got the opportunity to try and break it up. Until now I have not heard a word from the other.

After Christmas and the new year, I'll consider it officially over.

And now things will have to be different. No more rushing into things. No more falling madly, passionately in love with people I barely know. Maybe I'll actually go on a date. Get to know the person first. Maybe this time, I'll wait for the third date before I start kissing. Let's see where that takes me.

It's time to start removing the baggage which I thought I threw away long ago. No more bitterness. Just erase the numbers of people who have been a part of my past, good or bad but will do nothing to strengthen my future.

I have never been the sentimental type. My best friend doesn't believe in burning bridges. I believe in throwing the things that don't work away so that I can continue on with the things that do.

I didn't do any of the rituals I usually do. To hell with it! This year, I'll let things flow through me and I'll follow the course and look for the things that I can catch on the way. I still have my destination in sight, I just won't be so certain about the route. I've never really lived for the moment. I would do that once in a while but never fully. Let's try it once. Let's give it a good go.

This year, I want to work on myself. Get to do some things I really want to do and not have to worry about the security of life that I never seem to get anyway. Let life be about the accumulation of experiences.

Let's live it.

Comments:
hihihihi
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?