"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Monday, January 24, 2005

If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like. -- Garden State, written and directed by Zach Braff

I am just realising that what I really, really love about writing is the act of it, just as much as I love the connection I make with people who read my work. That's why I like blogging so much. I love this whole thing of putting ideas into words. And the thing about it is that I'm not even that particular of my technique or whatever. I just put whatever is in my head straight down into paper (or the monitor, depending on the medium) and I enjoy that process. I love the process of just writing down things and seeing the words appear and there. They are there.

And I guess that is why I blog so much.

The writing process helps me deal with things. I'm the kind of person who has to talk about a problem to get through it. If I keep it inside and just think, I can't solve it. I dwell and nothing new comes out. But when I write or when I talk to someone about it, all of a sudden, the strangest ideas come out of my mouth and I realise things I didn't know before. And I would never have thought of those things if I didn't say it or write it down.

And so, yeah, I love blogging because it helps me deal with things. And seeing that I've been writing here almost everyday since September, 2003, I guess there is just so much I feel I have to deal with.

And well, yeah, I'm an extremely self-indulgent person. And boy, do I love the attention so all of a sudden this whole blogging thing feels like it was made for me. And that's why I enjoy it so much.

I just can't stand it when I'm so far away from a computer and something happens that I want to write about it but forget exactly what I wanted to say at the time that I saw it. I feel like it is such a waste.

Imperative: Watch Garden State. A very, very beautiful movie. Oh my God! I will not gush about it because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone but please, please watch it. What a beautiful movie!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?