"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Another year has passed and we begin a new one. As we flex our muscles for the work ahead, let us take time to observe the horizon of our life for then we will know what work we've done and what work needs to be done. Let us live the moment but always eyes set to the distance. Move forward. Do not linger. There is much to see, much to be. It is a new life. We are charged to direct its course. Let it be far reaching. -- Anne Rodriguez

First off, I have to move out and get to the new place where I can spend less money on my bills. What follows is, if I have less bills to pay, I don't have to work so hard and I can focus more of my time to doing the things I want to do.

So I'm checking out a house tomorrow and then, hopefully, we'll decide by next week where we are moving to. When we move, I'll pick up the computer from my Mom's house and that means I can start writing all the stuff I want to write.

I've helped out my friends direct and produce a music video. I'd love to say that I co-directed and co-produced with them but I feel that would be a lie. I feel that I didn't put as much work as they did. I was dragged on from different sides, GMA and then other rackets that I wasn't able to throw as much as they did. But I did help out a lot, I'd like to think. But it's a stepping stone to better things. I will definitely be more in the process the next video.

Also, we'll be collaborating more in all our stuff. We will learn together and make everything work out. Three heads are better than one and I love these people and we all respect each other's sense of aesthetics. I think we will all work well together.

Soon, I should be working on the film script of the indie we want to work on. I want this to be a busy year with a lot to show for.

But I also have to think of solo projects for myself and it would have to be writing. I think I should start writing poetry and short stories again. Go back to my roots. Go back to the things that got me started in the first place. These are things I can do without help. These are things that I can do on my own.

This will be a busy year. It will be a productive year. As Anne had said: It is a new life. We are charged to direct it's course.

Well said.
Comments:
good luck to you! don't forget to prepare for the unexpected. happy new year! ciao, Tony Lou.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?