"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -- Helen Keller

Life is once again uncertain. I rush head first into a new year a little short of cash, a lot of work to do and a hazy destination in sight. This is probably going to be a fun year for me.

There's no point when it isn't challenging anymore, I guess. Why am I always looking for comfort zones. As it appears, I seem to have the knack of fucking things up when things get stable anyway, right? So let's be a little bit more a part of this chaos, of this craziness. Let's be a little more daring. Be more free.

I borrow a line from Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyen and Peter Jackson's fantastic adaptation of Lord of the Rings: "I stand at the edge of a knife." The line between safe and random and chaos is so thin I have crossed both while still on the boundary.

Here in Bacolod, I've let go and found myself in perfect enjoyment. I am in bliss. And funny to think that at the back of my head there is just so much work to do. I think I've been a little too dramatic lately. Well, I'm always dramatic. But over such tiny, tiny little things. I borrow from Kate Bush: "Let's danger it up. We're crazy enough." I want my blood to gush forth, move faster.

I want more than this. I want the experience, the sensation. This time, my goal is not material. It's experiential. Let's see what difference that makes for me.

This time, I want my life full of stories; more than ever, more than before. This coming New Year I will explode. I will burst forth.

There's no real place where you can be safe and comfortable; not anymore, not now. Everyone can find you. The world is too small. Our lifestyle has become a point where one cannot be alone. So I'll embrace it. Let's see where it takes me.

The rocket ain't on autopilot, no sir, I've got my foot on the gas pedal but no hands on the steering wheel.

Let's see where this takes me.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?