"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. -- Charles de Gaulle

Bjork's Medulla is finally out. I just bought it and I can't wait to get home to hear it.

Life is really sketchy right now. The clouds ahead are hazy. The typhoon never reached its critical mass on its way here, it was barely felt and the skies are sunny and the day is hot, heavy with humidity and it's so strange because I can't seem to see the horizon. It's there right in front of me but I can't make out shapes, images. Nothing is clear.

I had a wonderful time talking to my best friend. We were there, lying on the floor of his house, He was hugging a pillow and a bean bag was on his head; I hugged a pillow with my left arm and holding a lit cigarette with my right hand.

Everything seems unclear. Everything seems so far away. Prices are going up and the higher up they go, the less time we seem to have to do the things we want to do. Our lives have become the 9 to 5 that keeps us alive and we're barely surviving. We are at a point of getting desperate.

We are no where close to where we want to be.

I'm chucking everything up to experience. And trying to get deep, trying to acquire depth and hoping that in the end, when I finally get to write that God damned book or that God damned script, it would be good. It would be powerful and moving and gut-wrenching. That it would never be forgotten.

But, I guess, the point is that it already has been written in my head. I'm ready. I got to start and I haven't. Not really. I'm just getting through the day to day.

Something's got to snap. Something's got to give. Something's got to break.

Focus my love tells me. How can I when there is so much that I want?

I have to learn to be so un-selfish.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?