"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Love is all about timing. It doesn't matter if you find the right one for you if you found them too soon or too late. -- paraphrased from Wong Kar Wai's 2046

Despite a killer schedule, I found the time to go to the movie theatre and watch Wong Kar Wai's fantastic 2046. Haven't seen it? Go. You won't find a more moving picture. It took my breath away. It was completely worth the effort. It was so riveting that despite the fact that my two friends and I still had so much work to do, we had to sit down, have some coffee and desert and just talk about the movie.

It's amazing! And no matter how good an actor Tony Leung is, there is nothing more impressive than a very good Chinese actress. Zhang Ziyi was able to stand and carry her own scene even when put in comparison to the timeless and inpecable Gong Li. Faye Wong, as well, was an absolute eye-catcher. You couldn't take your eyes off her and there was so much emotion in a look. In a movement.

I was just totally blown away.

The universe just decided to give me a break. I was afraid that if I moved out I would lose my deposit and that would mean I'd have to stay at my place until the lease expires but my landlord and a friend found a way to get out of it legally. So, it looks like I might be able to move out. So I want to move out before the New Year's. That way I can start 2005 in a new place, new frame of mind, new everything.

Interestingly enough, I find myself being pushed and pushed from the inside to do something completely for myself. It's eating me inside but it's also forcing me to explode. I think I'm ready. Ready to lock myself up in my room to write. And if I move, the savings I can make will mean I don't have to work so hard. I can let go of some of my other rackets that help keep me afloat.

It's all falling into place. I am so grateful if only I wasn't so tired. Well, I can be grateful tomorrow if I get enough sleep.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?