"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body but rather totally used up screaming, "Woohoo! What a ride!" -- As texted to me by my Dad from a forwarded e-mail

And what is life supposed to be like, really? Just a bunch of dreams that we are always trying to acquire and some of them you do get and the others just remain dreams, completely unattainable. My friend Anne says that the pursuit is more enjoyable than the actual acquisition. That happiness is boring. I suppose she feels more alive with the excitement of getting nearer and nearer to happiness. The excitement of almost reaching the destination but once she gets there, she'd prefer to lose it all and go to the next race.

Isn't that horrible? To know that you worked so hard for something and when you reach it, it wasn't what you thought it would/should feel like?

It's seems so pointless. It seems like what the Greeks imagined what Hades would be like. The rock that Sissyphus (was it Sissyphus?) was to constantly roll up the hill and that when he finally brought it up, it would fall down again and he would start all over.

Is that some analogy to what life is supposed to be like? Are we ever going to learn to be satisfied?

Or should I say, when will I be satisfied?
Comments:
I quite agree with your friend, I think it's a clever way to view life. It kind of creates meaning, fills the void, forces us to gain a perspective on things.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?