"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

I'm walking through the desert
And I am not frightened although it's hot
I have all that I requested
And I do not want what I haven't got

-- I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got, Sinead O'Connor

I ask God to grant me the ability to enjoy my vacation because I am going absolutely nuts and ballistic being stuck here when there is still so much work that needs to be finished back home in Manila. I have a house to move in to (and I have to find it first) and then there are segments that need to be edited and financial matters that need to be settled.

Not that I am not enjoying myself here in Bacolod, surrounded by family. I'm having a grand time. But how does one fully lose himself from the moment? How can I just conveniently let go of the fact that I've got work waiting for me and I have no choice but be home by the 1st. That's the only date I could get a ticket home for, the first of January.

There was this old ritual I had that whatever you do on the first day of the New Year is what you will be doing for the rest of the year. I don't believe in that anymore, but if I still did, it would panic me to no end because this coming year would be spent on airplanes and airports. That's not really the most pleasing of situations.

I love travel. I don't like planes.

And of course, this ruins a lot of my plans. And of course, my family says, "Stay. Have a real vacation and so on and so forth..." They mean well and it's because they love me that they want me to stay here with them. I know that. I'm an ungrateful fuck. But I'm sorry. I don't know how to just sit back and relax for longer than 2 days. I want to get back to work and I do have so much to do and it would be so inconvenient for so many people for me to just stay here. I would really, really love to get back and finish off many of my commitments.

Yes, I can see it happening now. I've become a total workaholic. There's very little chance of turning back now. The foot is lead-heavy on the gas pedal and I'm going straight on through. There's no where to go from here but forward and to that inevitable destination, whatever it may be.

The rocket is all fueled up, star maps have been thrown aside, this journey has no planned route, after all, there are wormholes that pop up from nowhere and take me to places I've never been before. No use navigating. The world changes so quickly that it doesn't help to plan too far ahead. So I'm just accelarating and just going for the stars.

The rocketman is flying again.
Comments:
Hey Wanggo!
 
BTW, say hi to Barbie for me :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?