"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Find out who you are, then do it on purpose. -- Dolly Parton

Well, it was suppose to be typhoon signal number 4 and so I wholed up in my friend's house to watch some dvds and laser discs and then the storm just blew away.

It just vanished.

And my friend's condominium unit is on the 31st floor and has a great view of EDSA and Makati and I was expecting to see a great flood come in and wipe everyone away from 5th floor and below. Me and my over-active imagination. Apparently, I'm a disappointed person.

Not that I wanted half of Manila submerged in water and people everywhere drowning. No, that's not what I wanted. I just wanted to see something catastrophic, cataclysmic. Something to wake me up.

Not that I wanted to be wakened up in such a morbid manner... Not that awaken requires a catastrophe, though it usually helps and not that what happened in the province and 400+ people dead is not a catastrophe.

God! I'm just so not in the mood these past few days! It takes 600 volts of electricity to get my ass moving these days. Another Christmas and I'm still trying to collect money owed to me. This is no way to go around during the Christmas season, "Hi, is my money in yet?" or "Sorry to be irritating, but can you pay me yet?"

It makes me feel so mercenary. And I don't want to be mercenary about it.

I just hate having to think about rent and the bills and everything else. I can't stop thinking that I bought a one way ticket to Bacolod for Christmas and I might not be able to make enough money for my return ticket home. What about January and my bills and rent for January?!?!

I really hate this hence the mood. And the weather ain't helping.

Wait... I'll be back... Gotta stick my finger in a socket again...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?