"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, December 17, 2004

But why is desire suffering? Because want leaves a world in tatters? How else but in tatters should a world be? -- Why I'm Not a Buddhist, Molly Peacock

If we were even to attempt to try and understand human nature and why we do the things we do, it would leave us in shambles. After all, everybody changes. Psychology proves that there are existing patterns. But people break them. People have successfully broken their patterns.

What's the use? When we can't even settle on one thing for ourselves? When our biggest enemy is ourselves?

If only it were so simple to just go through life and not have to apologise along the way. But we attach ourselves to people and people attach themselves to us and we end up hurting people along the way and getting hurt on our ride to some vague destination. I didn't choose to change. I didn't choose to be this way. And yet I am still responsible for the way I am.

It makes sense. I've always been an advocate of being accountable and responsible for our actions. But how unfair it seems...

God hands out our personalities out at random. I ended up being a Piscean. How unfair. The thing about Pisces is that the symbol is two fish facing opposite sides, connected by a tether at the mouth. This is suppose to show that the Piscean is a fickle person. In a way, it's true.

But it's not that they can't make up their minds. That's not true. It's not entirely fair. The Piscean falls completely in love with something and they can't get their eyes off of it. They lavish it with so much attention and appreciation like only the sensitive Piscean can. Then, in the next moment, they see something else. It seems attractive. They study it for a moment and BLAM! Everything changes. They fall in love, they lavish it with attention like only a sensitive Piscean can.

It's not that they never loved the first thing. They did. With all their heart. It's just that they are easily influenced. They are fickle, yes, but not because they can't make up their minds. It's because they have short attention spans. They value things too much, too quickly.

It's a drag really. It's how I am...
Comments:
"Despair...Desire....Despair...So many quaetions"-Annie Lennox in "No More I Love Yous"..

You know RocketMan, Life is the greatest of all mysteries and the human emotion is the most. Many pundits try to capture and bottle our human senses and emotions but at they could only theorize.

It is the complexity of emotions that makes life as one great miracle. Apparently, we find clear sense of ourselves by taking a back step and see us from a faraway point of view, and then we try to rein in our desires and passions if need be. patience and discipline seem to reward us and excessiveness seem to ruin us.

All, in all we go from patience and then impatience, that what is the ultimate is we find the glory of our selves in the final hope of eternal salvation, in God Almighty.
 
Maybe you did love the first - but obviously not enough and certainly, not with all your heart. For if you did - truly - I doubt you'd be using a short attention span to rationalize the fact of your betrayal.
 
Just a clarification. I never betrayed my better half. I just can't handle this relationship anymore. I didn't stray. I was faithful. But I can't keep this relationship. I can't handle the demands. I'm suffocating. It's pathetic. I know.
 
Betrayal is not always infidelity but it is almost always an "abandonment" of something - be it your commitment, your word, your promise or even your very own ethos.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?