"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Monday, November 22, 2004

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. -- Georg Hegel

I just saw the most beautiful face in the whole world and it belongs to a 2 month old baby. My niece Eve is the first baby that ever made me want to pick up a baby and cradle it in my arms. I did. I was so stiff and apparently, babies can tell when someone is not comfortable or scared and they start fidgeting. My experience holding a baby was not long but fruitful.

She is just so beautiful. Literally, she is the most beautiful baby in the world. And I was just amazed by the amount of strength and trust she had for someone her age. And she's just this little baby that gurgles and laughs and makes grunting noises. But I was just so enamored by her. It was... different.

Anyone close to me knows I'm not fond of kids. But I love babies. They are just amazingly cute. And they are like The Fool in the Tarot. They are so powerful at that age. Why are they powerful? Because they have the potential to be everything. They can be anything and everything. That's power. That little bundle of joy that you cradle in your arms and coo at has the potential to be everything. It's power. It's both frightening and awe-inspiring.

It would be so cliche to talk about the innocence of a baby. I've seen so many babies in my life but this one really makes me want to talk about it. I was never so overwhelmed by it before.

I'm rendered speechless. What a beautiful baby.

Comments:
http://anon.salon.speedera.net/anon.salon/mp3s/procope1.mp3

i dont know but i think you like this kind of thing :P
 
this is sheer excellence.. i have never been so moved by reading a blog.. makes me wanna go run and search for.. babies.. haha.. anyway drop by my site sometime! take care!
spicy-chicken-legs.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?