"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Our strength is often composed of the weakness that we're damned if we're going to show. -- Mignon McLaughlin

I found myself spending most of the weekend watching dvds... again. But that's fine with me, really since I love watching dvds. I got to see the French Film Criminal Lovers by Ozon, One Missed Call, that Japanese horror-fest and a whole lot of episodes of Queer as Folk seasons 2 and 3 (my friends have become addicts) and then a little bit of the concerts that I bought. I bought Alanis Morissette's Feast on Scraps and Bjork's Vespertine, Live at the Royal Opera House.

God! I love Bjork so much. Her music is so haunting and her lyrics are so out of this world. Her music, backed with a full orchestra and the electronic wizardry of Matmos, the virtuoso skills of multi-instrumentalist Zeena Parkins and the sincerity of the Greenland choir, becomes all so much more amazing. I am in awe with her musical soul.

I also got to watch Oliver Stone's Alexander and boy was this a waste of a hundred and fifty bucks! I got to watch in the new Shangri-La cinema and while the seats are grand and the cinema enormous, the sound was inconsistent. The airconditioner was just the right temperature, not like Greenbelt theatres where the AC is set on Antartic levels. I wasn't impressed with the popcorn, though I forgot to put salt in it. Oh yeah, the movie? It was horrible.

It was basically a lazy weekend that started after work on a Saturday night and extended itself to Monday. I don't know. It seems like the Christmas season is sapping away my energy and I just don't feel like working these days. I want to see my family in Bacolod. I want to watch movies and just totally get inspired. There's a movie itching to get out. The moment I get a computer at home... BOOM!!! I'm writing a script. I want to write a script.

I don't know. It has been so cold lately. Freezing. And the rains have been making it difficult to get around.

I feel a change coming. I don't know what it will be about and who it will affect but I can feel it. There's electricity in the air. So much static electricity. I wonder what it all means...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?