"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

My feeling about technique in art is that it has the same value as technique in lovemaking. That is to say, heartful ineptitude has its charm and so has heartless skill, but what you really want is passionate virtuosity. -- John Barth

I can't believe Bjork's Medulla hasn't arrived yet. I asked the people at Music One and they told me that MCA Universal doesn't know whether they will be distributing the album or if she has a new international distributor. I am going nuts! I want that album!

Back to the rhythm of work, back to letting go of little pleasures in exchange for business or should I say busy-ness.

I did some extremely self-centered things last night while waiting for an editing machine to open up. I looked for the websites where my name comes out on google and yahoo. How embarrassing to admit but it's true. And I found my name coming up on several blogs. It's nice to be mentioned, some by people I don't even know.

How self-centered of me, huh?

My point, being though, is the amount of blogs out there and, more over, the amount of Filipino blogs that are out there... There are so many! So many articulate, eloquent Filipinos who have something to say. It's astounding. I'm actually amazed. I would think that my race would be more conservative, be more... I don't know... reserved?

And it's all out there; all these stories. Ripe for the picking. I usually enter the net just to check my mail, billboard once a week for my music news, my blog and Connexion. That's usually it. But now, the treasure trove of blogs, of available reading material is unbelievable.

Thank God I just recently finished my book... There's a lot more to read out there on virtual space for the moment and will give me some time to bring up my bank account before I go off to buy a new book...
Comments:
hey wanggo! just dropping by. :)

re: blogging your name, i do that, too. :p unlike you, though, my name doesn't come up as often.

re: pinoy blogs, yep, we're basically taking over cyberspace. i think people who got tired of friendster-ing eventually went on to put up their own blogs. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?