"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Look at everything as though you were seeing it for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be glorious! -- As texted to me by my Dad

Got to watch The Incredibles today and I was so pleased. I enjoyed the movie greatly! It appealed completely to my childhood fantasy of wanting to become a super-hero, as well as appealing to my sensibilities as a grown-up who is looking for intelligent comedy with a heart. It's all of that and more. The moment the movie ended, I wanted to stay on my seat and watch it again. It was sooo cool. I love the film.

I even liked the music. It was James Bond type orchestra music; the 1980's James Bond films with Sean Connery. It was amazing music.

And yes, guys, I used to be a comic geek when I was growing up. I used to collect comic books and follow their stories religiously. I was also the type of person to write letters and send them over hoping my letter would be printed at the back of the comic. Slowly, as I grew up, my taste in comic books were growing steadily as well until I just out-grew them completely. But I went through the phase and many times, my head was filled of these fantasies of me having super powers.

Isn't that a great dream? The ability to fly. To feel the wind through your hair and the caressing your face. Or being super strong, carrying heavy loads all over the place. Being able to leap; knowing that no weight is too heavy for you to lift. How about reading minds and knowing that no one can keep any secret away from you? The ability to turn intangible? To know that you will never, ever be imprisoned?

This whole concept of having special powers, I don't know but it is just the idea of being able to do amazing and great things. Things that are out of the ordinary. It really excites me. It is one of my little childhood fantasies that I never got to let go of... I may not read comics anymore but I still carry that fantasy in my head. I get lost in it some times.

Now, a little more often because of the movie. Watch it, guys! It's great fun!
Comments:
hi wanggo,

isn't it an adorable movie? i was especially impressed at the resemblance of mr. incredible to jon z. he he he :-) they're both cute in my book!

wouldn't it be nice to just fly?

-zane-
 
hello wanggo,

nagustuhan mo ang the incredibles? you should see triplets of belleville. mas malulula ka sa visual narrtive. --vince
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?