"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

I like this resonance
It elevates me
I don't recognize myself
This is very interesting
-- Headphones, Bjork (written by Bjork and Tricky)

I just discovered that someone put up a friendster account with my name and my pictures, which they got from the internet. They put some false information there.

One: I'm no longer associated with DLSU or Blue Bottle and I have never been associated with UNESCO, Haribon Foundation or Amnesty International. I mean, c'mon, really now...

Two: I'm no longer a copywriter and I was never a graphic designer. As artistic as I try to be, I don't have very good hand-eye coordination. I can't draw to save my life, much less design anything. I believe I have good enough taste to know what's a good design and what's not; but I don't have the skills to design anything on my own.

Three: I don't want television anymore. So to put all those television shows as my "favourite" would be so wrong. The most would be Survivor or Amazing Race but I don't get to watch anymore because my schedule is so fucked up. Buffy would be appropriate because I really enjoyed the series. And I have it on tape. But please, Queer Eye? That's just trying too hard to portray me as gay.

Four: Earth, Wind and Fire? Oh please!!! I don't think I would ever listen to Earth, Wind and Fire on my own volition. It would have to be against my will. Music is extremely important to me and that person had the gall to only put three or four people on my favourite music area in the fictitious account? That's so lame.

Five: I would have written something in the "about me" section. I would never leave that blank. Hello? Duh!

Six: And in the "Who I Want to Meet" section, I would never ever, ever put "You!" I'm sorry, that's just so simple-minded. There is no possible way I would think of wanting to meet everybody. Oh please...

At one point, I'm thinking, there's a guy out there who registered the e-mail address wanggo_gallaga@yahoo.com and is e-mailing people with my name. My name. People will be receiving e-mails from me and might even think it's me. I can just imagine what kind of damage this person can try to do.

This person is chatting under my name; fooling people into thinking they are talking to me. All of a sudden, it isn't so cool, anymore. It's kinda freaky to think that someone would do that. And to think of all the things that are being said under false pretenses. The danger is just, I don't know, crazy...

I will be the one
To hold you down
Kiss you so hard
I'll take your breath away
And after I
Wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes, dear
-- Possession, Sarah McLachlan

Sarah McLachlan wrote that song based on this one particular obsessed fan who crossed the line. It frightened her how this person would stalk her and send her letters saying that they were meant to be together. He would stalk her and stuff. Do all those freaky things that stalkers do. She wrote the song to help her deal with these problems. All of a sudden, I find myself turning towards the song and hoping to deal with the problem.

I know, instinctively, that the person doesn't want to be me but wants to destroy me and discredit me. It doesn't really matter. Eventually, the truth will come out. The truth is not heavy, it will not sink. It will rise to the surface. All these things will be known, eventually and when they do, they'll know who the pathetic losers are and why they do the things they do.

Eventually, everything comes out. Everything rises to the surface. We must be ready to deal with the reflection in the mirror. We must be comfortable with who we are as people, as a person. Otherwise, we can never be happy and we can't be accountable for the things that we do. And that's sad.

It's pathetic, really.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?