"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Do you hate him `cause he's pieces of you -- Pieces of You, Jewel Kilcher

Because of work, I'm off to La Union for the weekend. Thank God for Ramadan and the long weekends. I'll be there for awhile, shooting surfers, the beach, take a swift trip to the ukay-ukay in Baguio and shooting our hosts, being themselves and enjoying every minute of it. It's almost kind of like a working vacation, huh?

I hope I get to relax, soak up some sun and enjoy. The last two out of town trips I took because of work had me working like a dog and not being able to have fun. Well, I know it's work. And work is work. It's my new mantra. But what's two hours off; just to enjoy. The last two times I went off, my God damned producer didn't even show half the footage we shot. I hope she gets into trouble for that. Everything was sponsored, everything was paid for. I hope they come after her and remove her ovaries or something.

God, I'm evil. I took this test on the internet to determine how evil you are and I scored a whopping 79%. I'm 79% evil. Whoa! I'm almost pure evil, the test said. That's scary. Not that I take it seriously, though. It doesn't score you through frequency, intentions or motivations; just plain actions. And I guess, yes, I have done evil things. But then again, there are people out there who have done worse and continue to do worse and have no intentions of making up for it.

What I hate the most? People who won't be accountable for it. They get caught and they make up all the excuses in the world to absolve them of blame and responsibility. Cowards. People who attack others anonymously; they don't even have the courage to stand up and show their own faces. Hide behind fake names and pictures. A sign, really, of such low character. It is quite disgusting. There are people who do something bad and then say, "He/she does it too!" What I hate about that is that it really is/was their reason for doing it in the first place. Sheep. Herd. Pathetic.

You know what? We're over-populated anyway. Someone torch `em useless, pathetic sons of a bitches before they eat the food of someone who is actually doing some good for the world. Or someone who is not ashamed to be who he/she is. Accountability. It's a moral code that is sorely lacking in people these days.

*Sigh* Off to La Union in a couple of minutes. I think I need to get away from some of the chaos for a bit...
Comments:
ingat, wanggo. maraming malulungkot kapag may nangyaring masama. enjoy your weekend and your freedom. loved your cute personal essays. hope you write more and longer. you read margaret atwood? may kopya ako ng "blind assasin"; nakuha ko sa fully booked. (sana di pa ubos). hoping to read your first book as soon as possible. --vince hipol
 
enjoyed reading your works. hope you read, quote, and review filipino fiction, novel and poetry as well. learn (to appreaciate) our language. masyadong cono ang voice mo (sowee for being honest) -- vince
 
My God. Don't pray for such a thing (part where you want to burn them), because as far as being useless is concerned, you'll be the first to burn. -- Jewel Kilcher
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?