"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. The most successful people are the ones who turned their fears into talents. -- Goethe

I've been able to rest, finally. I was able to spend time with my parents and just pretty much laze around. It was pretty cool considering the fact that I've been on my feet for a week and a half without rest. It was all about work. It was great, but so was just lying about and enjoying the day. In a way, I was able to sit back, relax and enjoy the fact that I'm working hard. It's kinda hard to appreciate something when you are knee deep in it. Sometimes, you have to step out of something to be able to enjoy it. I was able to do that. I'm ready to work again.

And in a way, my problem about the choices with which work I need to do has been chosen for me. I have been working and working at GMA that the other production company could not stand my absence and has transferred the work to someone else. I would never have known if they didn't transfer the work to my friend who I referred to them. She felt it might be a sore topic or a matter of some stress if I found out that I've been, pretty much, fired and the job was given to her. After all, she got the job because of me. But it wasn't really a problem for me. I'm glad they did it. I know she can do a better job.

I will admit, I've not been very professional with the whole thing. It was unfair and unprofessional of me. And I admit it and I am sorry. I feel guilty. I wish I could have had the balls to say "no." I could do it but I wanted my cake and to eat it too. Funny, I still don't understand what that means, really. But anyway, I'm just glad that it is over and that I can make my choices better now.

Full-tilt boogie and away I go into this new life I'm forging for myself.

Oh, by the way, I finished reading Oryx and Crake and it was lovely. I can't wait for the next book that I will pick up and read...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?