"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Be drunk, always. Nothing else matters; this is our sole concern. To ease the pain as Time's dread burden weighs down upon you shoulder and crushes you to earth, you must be drunk without respite. Drunk with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you please. But be drunk. -- Baudelaire

I'm back from La Union. We even took a side trip to Baguio where I went to the ukay-ukay/wag-wagan where I went bargain shopping. Found a great sweater, two nice shorts and a cool bag for work. And all for a steal, really!

We worked like dogs, Berna, my executive producer and I. But at the same time, we got an hour or two to ourselves. Got my tan. Got to jump into the beach. Went drinking on a bonfire in the evenings. It was great. I even got to see the surfing scene and now am very willing to give it a try and learn to surf.

The beach was quite inspiring. Got a germ of a story, actually, for two stories and will be writing them soon. Spent a whole hour just lying on the sand watching the stars. I'm really a city person by heart. But I can appreciate and enjoy the beauty and wonders of nature too. And for the three days that we spent; I was able to get back some things that were lost.

All of a sudden, I want to write those two short stories. I miss the process. It isn't as if I've stopped writing because of my work. Truth is, I've written more, a lot more since I've started working. Of course, it isn't literary. It really is for work. It isn't the stuff I'd like to write, really. It is all a means to a certain end. Well, hopefully. I'm hopeful and optimistic.

I'm still tired. The long drive was very taxing and the work was unbearable, really. To be in a beach and have to work; it was torture. But at least I still had a chance to jump into the beach. And I got to meet a lot of great people. The surfer crowd is really different. And for some reason, people are more sociable and friendly at the beach.

The surf season is here and will be around for awhile. Will be going back to the beach soon to learn how to surf. Will see where this all leads. Will I take to surfing? Hope so...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?