"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was. -- Irish Proverb

Watch the film Stranger Than Paradise by Jarmusch. What a fabulous film! It is completely sparse in everything. Sparse camera movements, sparse dialogue, sparse production design... sparse everything! But it is so chock-full of meaning; it is powerful and beautiful. This is really a true example of beauty in simplicity.

I have been so enamored lately with verbose dialogue and flowing camera movements, lush colours and extravagant production design. I've become accustommed to wit and clever composition (in terms of production design and camera work) that seeing Stranger Than Paradise was really very powerful in all respects. It's amazing.

It once again pushes me to do something. It inspires me. Watch it. It's amazing!

You can never compete with something in the past with memory. We love what we can't have and we can't have what we love. -- Wong Kar Wai

I feel like I'm bouncing back from my long fall into an abyss. I won't call it "the abyss" but it was a pretty deep chasm and, looking back in hindsight, I shouldn't have allowed myself to fall for so long. What's the use of all the strength I gained in the past months if I would just let it go when I needed it the most?

Though it looks like things will be a little tight financially, I'm more than ready to start pushing all my creative energies outward. I really want to direct my first short film. I don't think I can be any more ready than I am now. It's time to spread my wings and fall or fly. The longer I wait, I feel that it will be inevitable that I would fall because my wings have grown tired waiting to spread out and capture the wind.

I recognise now where I am and its time to stretch, to be more daring, to be more courage and out there. If not now, when?
Comments:
"Stranger Than Paradise by Jarmusch" -- how'd you procure a copy of this movie? Where can I find one? Ü
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?