"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, October 08, 2004

We talk a great deal about being governed by mind, by intellect, in this boastful days of ours; but as a matter of fact, I don't believe that one man out of a thousand is governed by his mind. Men, no matter what their training, are governed by their passions. -- President Woodrow Wilson

Now I know what it feels like to starve. I am not literally starving, but I know what it feels to scramble for money. What I really hate is having to ask for money; I don't care if they owe it to me, it's payment for work done. I just can't take it. I don't want to be a person seen as money-focused. I don't want to be a person regarded as someone all about money.

But show me someone who can live without money. And here I am now, living alone and fending for myself and I have no money to pay for rent. I can't stand it. I was so rich and now I'm back to being poor. Feast then famine, feast then famine. Cycle of life. It's all ecology. Someone else somewhere in the world is receiving a run of good luck. It is the inter-relationship of the world and every living thing in it.

I've come to accept that. It is no longer my time. So I have to make do with what I have.

Today, on my way to look for more work, I saw a double rainbow on a magenta sky. It was 5:30 in the afternoon and the sun was setting. The pollution turned the air into a bright magenta and there, coming out of the clouds, a double rainbow. There was a large one with all 7 colours seen and a tiny one with only 2 colours seen. It was a gorgeous sight. I couldn't help but smile. I haven't seen a rainbow in a very long time.

I don't know, it was so beautiful it looked like a sign of hope. I'm hopeful again.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?