"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know. -- W.H. Auden

There's nothing like a tiring day at work, but satisfied to know that you've done a pretty okay job. In fact, it feels great to have gone the distance and really took that extra mile to do everything well and good and the best you could given the circumstance. May I repeat myself? I really love and believe in this new show I'm working on.

There's a launch party at Eastwood, Libis this coming Saturday (Oct. 23, 2004), 8pm. It's the launch of TXTube! It's going to be great fun! Lots of cool things to do, great bands and a lot of prizes to be given away... Go and enjoy yourselves!

Ha Ha Ha Shameless plugging on my part. But hell, this is my space in virtual reality, I play by my rules here...

I spent most of the day with my two hosts and we were just talking and talking. Truth is, they were doing most of the talking and I was just listening; fascinated with the stories they have to tell. Those are moments that I treasure, when my eyes are opened to the other possibilities of this world. I end up seeing the world in a different light. I've lived my life in such a straight path -- in the sense that I totally focus my whole being into whatever it is I am into at the moment. I miss out on the other things.

I heard stories about things that I never even thought I would ever know about -- stuff like fraternaties and stuff. I heard stories about violence and about people I never knew existed; people who act and think like characters in movies. They actually exist. And there is probably more ways to look at those stories; different perspectives that would be unbelievably jaw-dropping.

I love people and the stories they have to share and the way they share them. It's just absolutely amazing. I'm humbled by the many different people that surround me. I am encouraged and inspired.

It never ends... Learning and moving forward and growing. Just open your eyes. There's so much to see...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?