"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

To believe your own thoughts, to believe that what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men -- that is genius. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I spent the whole day with my friends. They stayed over at my place and we just talked and drank and just had a really good time enjoying each other's company. When we woke up, we all found ourselves with nothing to do (no work for us freelancers today) so off we went to explore the city we live in.

For some of us, it was exploration, we went to places we've never been to before. For others, it was rediscovery. After all, when traveling, a place is never the same twice...

So we went to these amazing places... And being with people who are creative and into media as well, we all so the potentials of movies scenes. We looked at the places and talked about possible scenes - shots, lighting, dialogue and music. It was amazing. Someone had brought a camera so we were able to shoot some stuff and see the structures of the buildings and places.

It is amazing to see the city that you live in in a new light. To think that I have lived here all my life and take certain things for granted... It amazes me how there are so many different people in this world doing different things and if we never stop to think about straying from the path that we always lead and actually do it; I would never have had the chance to see these people and see another way of life.

I've really been thinking about my lifestyle and wondering if it really is for me. I spent the whole day looking at the city, places I don't usually go to and found myself a well spring of ideas. New stories that never occurred to me to write. I didn't think I was a part of that world and I realised I am, if only in a little way. If only in the periphery.

I was writing to a friend of mine and told him that there is so much beauty in the world (a line taken from American Beauty) and all we really have to do is look and go away from that which we see everyday. I don't believe in writer's block. I don't believe in a lapse of creative energy. When one feels this, all they have to do is change their routine. Go out of their way to experience something new and all that energy will return. It happened to me today.

And all that conversation, the stories and the energy of my friends that we shared with each other. It's amazing. It made my day. I didn't know days could be like this. I had dream and wanted it for a while and now that it actually happened... I am amazed at my own capacity for courage.

I wish I could have days like this once every week.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?