"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

This weary world of ours, sure has a lot of woes, and I offer you, my friend, the words of a delusionary old warrior from a time long gone: Dios que da la llaga, da la medicina. (God who renders the wound, sends the medicine) -- from Don Quixote, Miguel De Cervantes

What is it that I want right now? I'm thinking up of saving for my trip to India next year or should I save up for a car?

Let's count the chickens before the eggs even hatch shall we?

I want to buy a phone. A good phone, that motorola phone that's made for the party person, the raver inside all of us. I like the idea that it plays music really well... A music phone. I wanted the music phone of Nokia but I find it a little too bulky. But if I had a lot of money, I want a flip open phone. So that I can get to use a smaller phone. I don't like bulky phones in my pants. Is that a phone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? Isn't that horrible? Ugh! I prefer them smaller. But not too small so I can still text without difficulty.

I want to buy a car. Honestly, and this might be such a geeky thing to say, but I want a Hyundai Matrix. I don't know. I think it is the cutest thing. A car where I can put all my friends, but still relatively small. But I'll probably end up getting a sedan, if ever. Probably a Mitsubishi Lancer or a Toyota Corolla. They're dependable. And the second-hand ones are cheap and easy to maintain, I suppose. But since I'm counting chickens before the eggs were lain, I'm going for some cool SUV type. That's the real me, well, it's the car that I will feel really cool in. Something like a Ford Explorer or a Grand Cherokee. Now that's my car, I guess.

I want a laptop. A laptop that has a webcam, those microphones where I can talk on yahoo messenger and I can record music and it's fast and has a CD burner. I want that.

I want to take up piano and guitar lessons and buy a good guitar and keyboard at home.

I want to spruce up my CD collection and then start on a DVD collection.

I want to buy drawstring pants from British India. And then buy really cool sandals. And really nice, loose shirts from British India, so that every once in a while, I can go out and have this whole beach atmosphere to me. Yeah, I'd like it for people to see me as someone who is very beach-y. He He He

I want to take up Mandarin lessons and really learn.

I want to travel. I want to go all over Asia. See India, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia and a lot more of China.

I also want to take up Capoeira.

*Sigh* All the things I want right now... So much demands, so little cash...

But I am working on it. I'm working hard for it...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?