"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

News is something somebody doesn't want printed; all else is advertising. -- William Randolph Hearst

I asked the universe for work. I worked hard to show people that I wanted to work. I sent out my resume and ask people if they knew of anything that I could do for them. And now, I'm working again and the work load is heavy, the monetary compensation is not enough for the amount of work I'll be doing in the coming weeks...

But I'm not complaining. More than that, I'm extremely happy. I'm glad to be working. And in fact, I love the job that I'm doing. I'm segment producer of a brand new show that will be airing next week and I believe in my show. I think it's fun, edgy and refreshing. I like it. I think it's a good show and I'm proud to be part of it.

In fact, even if I'm not getting paid enough (in my opinion), I don't mind at all because I believe in the show. I believe in what I am doing. I have faith that this show will entertain, if not inform, its audience. And there is nothing more important than loving your work and believing in what you do.

I mean, work is work but it is something you'll probably be doing for the rest of your life. If you don't enjoy it, why do it? Because it gives you lots of money? You'll be spending all that money on ways to keep you happy and to fool you into thinking that your life is okay. But if you don't like your job, you will never be okay. You will always have something to complain and whine about. But if you love what you are doing and get paid for it, you'll be happier. I believe that. I know that. I've been through it.

Work is work. It's become my mantra now. I love keeping busy. I love it when I'm being productive. I love being able to earn my space in this world. There is no level of fulfillment greater than knowing that you are making your own space in this world through your own actions, your own efforts. This is my life now and I embrace it. No more getting lost in the woods trying to figure out what it is I was meant to do or what seems great and fun. I know what is fun for me. I know what is important to me. This is important to me. Working in television is important to me. Working in the field of media is important to me. I love it.

This is where I am at. I truly hope that everyone finds what is it that is important to them and that they will have a chance to do it all their lives, until they die or they no longer want to work.
Comments:
And now, I'm working again and the work load is heavy, the monetary compensation is not enough for the amount of work I'll be doing in the coming weeks... -- doesn't it make you think, how come you keep getting these jobs from showbiz hell?
 
Maybe, it's because he's as vapid as they are?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?