"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, September 24, 2004

We are, each of us, angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another. -- Luciano de Crezenzo

Just came from judging a talent show of some corporate event. It was all friendly and enjoyable and funny. It was crazy and very comfortable. Everyone knew everybody else and they were sincerely cheering for the contestants, even if they were not as great as the people you would see on television. But they didn't care. All they cared about was that they were there and performing for each other and they were doing things they love to do. It was sweet and wonderful.

People are at their most beautiful when they are at their most un-self-conscious. I wish that I would have a camera and look for people at these moments and take pictures of them. People deep in thought, or laughing away with friends; people sleeping or watching a movie. They are so beautiful.

So many people with parties this coming week. It seems to be so awkward to be feeling bad when there are so many people celebrating some thing these days. And who am I to rain on their parade, right? I'm allowing all this good energy to infect my being.

Truth is, life is really simple and we just complicate things. It's almost like human nature. Well, in this way, I'd rather be animal, primal, instinctual. Just forget it. Get the world off my shoulders and pull my head back and laugh really loud.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep and you lose them all.
-- The Children's Hour, the poet's name, I have forgotten, very sorry...
Comments:
sometimes i think simple people are the only ones who're truly happy Ü

thanks for linking up my blog!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?