"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I'm like a bird
I always fly away
I don't know where my heart is
I don't know where my home is
-- I'm Like a Bird, written and performed by Nelly Furtado

I don't want to be Mr. Nice Guy anymore. I want to be some son-of-a-bitch bastard who doesn't give a damn about other people's feelings. I don't want to put love on such a pedestal and make it seem like there is nothing more important. I'm getting tired of this whole "nice guys finish last" bullshit.

I try so hard to be honest and you know what? People don't give a damn and they don't want to return the favour. You become honest and truthful and you know what I discover? People actually take it against you. They actually get mad. They get defensive. They feel alienated and they reel away from you. Some get angry and lash out.

Honesty is something most people are not used to. They actually are so not used to it that they have violent reactions. The more they tend to lie to you.

I hate all this political correctness, courtesy and "polite-ness" bullshit. Just give me the hard, cold, honest truth. I can respect you more for it.

I am sorry if I seem friendly one moment and bitchy and cold the next. I am only being true to myself and I can't be Mr. Happy Sunshine all the time! And yet I always try to be honest yet tactful -- try to take care of people's feelings and go the extra mile for some people.

I don't feel like I can handle anymore.

I really want to give up the whole Mr. Nice Guy shit... I'm thinking of writing an Asshole's Manifesto. If I ever get to write it and finish it... I'll put it up here.

I'm just a little tired and for me, that means a lot because I never run out...

Comments:
About the whole asshole thing, welcome to the club! That is if you are willing to join us. We hate niceties and all that bullshit as well.
 
it's ok to be nice if you mean it. If not, forget it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?