"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

You can run from me
You can hide from me
But I am right beside you
In this life

Let me show you what I am made of
-- In This Life, written and performed by Chantal Kreviazuk

July 31 was another blue moon, something magickal that happens only once every 2 years or so... So I received tons of text messages telling me to do something impulsive, something crazy, something hopeful and maybe, there is a huge chance of success; of the result that you are hoping for.

I don't consider myself at all an impulsive person. My mood swings are such that I stay pretty much rigid most of the time. But everything seemed right this time. I looked up at the moon and found its hazy, yellow light comforting. It was inviting. It was truly inspiring.

So I did something I thought was, at best, reckless and aggressive. It was a definite shot in the dark and now I find myself in completely unknown territory. Love has a strange habit of just popping out of nowhere and I am stuck in the middle of something and I don't mind that I am here and I am learning a great deal and for once, it isn't hard to put a smile on my face.

All the waiting and I find myself closer to my goal then I have ever been... Happiness is right at the corner and knowing this makes me giddy, thrilled and excited. How strange, actually, to be so close and not to celebrate but just exist in the throes of the feeling... It's almost as if I want to announce it to the rest of the world... But I don't think they'll really care...

So I keep the secret within me and let it change me slowly, surely... for the better or worse. Afterall, happiness is just like any other drug... Addicting and sweet and it has a price.

But it is a price we are all willing to pay, right?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?