"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Love is a powerful thing. It will put this world on its knees. -- paraphrased from The Village (written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan)

I've discovered one of the secrets of the universe. Ssshh... But let me tell you. It's ice cream. The road to happiness is made of ice cream. There is no other way to achieve happiness except through ice cream.

Rocky Road or Double Dutch. Vanilla, strawberry or chocolate marble. It doesn't matter. Take one bite, and that's it. You are in bliss.

You may think you are happy now but unless you are eating ice cream at the same time, then you are not happy. It is illusion. It is merely a trick of the mind. You can only be happy if you are eating ice cream.

My favourite? Banana Split. Forget the cherry, give me two bananas and three scoops of ice cream - vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. I'll be the happiest person alive.

Guess what? I am a director now. Finished 7 episodes of the television show Fearless and now I'm directing AVPs. I've never been more confident, more sure of myself, considering the fact that I'm at the bottom of the food chain. I'm a new, young director without any training or academic knowledge. All this is, is years of watching real directors work, studying them, asking questions and figuring out the whys and hows of what it is they do. It is being completely surrounded by creative people and always trying to figure out how it is they do the things they do. It is trying to see the world through their eyes.

And I was at the right place at the right time. Everything fell into place and now, I am here.

Full of ideas, ready to explode.

Am I happy? I'm eating ice cream right now...
Comments:
sometimes the best directors are the ones that have the least baggage. good luck to you!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?