"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Be firm with me baby
If you want me there
You've got to be
You've got to be firm...
-- Be Firm, Max Sharam

Last night, I knew I had an early day. I knew I had to wake up at 6 am, so by midnight, I was all tucked in bed, had my last cigarette, beautiful music playing and the lights off. Drifted to sleep and woke up 20 minutes later, fully rested and unable to return to slumber.

From 1 o'clock in the morning until 6 am, I was trying to get back to sleep. I ended up writing a song, writing in my journal, texting everybody asking if they were still awake, if they could talk to me; just blab and blab until I get drowsy. Nobody was awake. Nobody could humour me. I was depressed, frustrated and even angry!

My good friend Kate was too tired and we were texting each other then she fell asleep on me. But this is some part of our texts to each other:

Kate: so why is it so easy to fall apart, fall over, fall head over heels but so hard to fall asleep?

Me: Because we need to sleep. The things we need are difficult to get. Falling apart, falling over and all the rest are things we do not need. So it happens all the time...

I went straight to work without sleep and the whole time, I was acting like an idiot because I had to be perky otherwise I was going to drop down and just start snoring. I stole a few "z"s on the ride to the shoot which was outside of Manila. So that was cool. But it wasn't enough...

I'm still sleepy. I want to go home and sleep.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?