"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

And there's never ever gonna be enough money
And there's never ever gonna be enough drugs
And there's never ever gonna be enough bullets
And there's never ever gonna be enough sex
And I'm never ever gonna get old...
-- Never Get Old, words and music by David Bowie

And after every step, after every paycheck and after every breath that we take, somewhere in the universe, a star dies; super nova and then nothingness. Maybe it becomes a blackhole and slowly starts to try to bring everything within it. And we walk everyday, unknowing that we are being pulled somewhere. We are slowly gravitating towards nothingness. But how can we care when we feel so much at any given moment?

Let us all raise our glasses for a toast:

To all the things we have lost, and all the things we have gained, in between what we do in the moonlight and right before the sun rise, to everything that we love and to all the people who love us, as every second pass and more align in front of us to get by, to the hurdles and the potholes, to the rain and the puddles they make; for every tear and every breath brought out by a laugh... let us remember and celebrate that we are human and that there is nothing else but to be thankful for it.

We can wait forever and never know it hits us and then it hits us and we walk around bruised but unknowing. I don't want to be the one who lets the good things go; so I won't let go no matter how much it hurts.

If love flies past your eyes blindfolded,
Know when to run and when to catch and hold it...
-- Blindfolded, written by Merril Bainbridge and Owen Bolwell

To The Spaceman: Your glass eyes fooled me but I don't care because I like it when you hold me and when we just keep quiet, comfortable in our own company. I like it when you put your head close to me and take a whiff of me and tell me I smell good. I like it when I can make you smile and that when things get too serious, I make a joke and you get mad, but laugh and laugh right after. I like it that I can tell you how I feel about you and you don't brush it aside, you take it in, plan your next moves, figure out if this is real, if this is true and right and proper.

I might get hurt again and then people will say "you fool, you should have seen it coming." Or "Wanggo, geez, haven't you learned your lesson yet?" But I play to win the big stakes and you can't play unless you are willing to lose something of equal measure. At the end of the day, we all know that it is worth it if you actually get what you want. And for once, I believe I'm going after what I need and not just what I want (because there is so much difference there).

I'm a fool and I'll be the first to admit it. But right now, I'm a happy fool and I'd rather be a happy fool who knows what is happening in my lot than a sad, depressed wise man who doesn't know a thing about getting out of their situation.

The wiseman who never gambles ends up living alone in a shack on some secluded mountain top approached only by the young who seek to learn. That is the only way they know company and the joy of being with others.

Oh boy! There is no way that that is going to be me...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?