"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Come to the orchard in spring.
There is light and wine, and sweethearts
among the pomegranate flowers;

If you do not come, these do not matter,
If you do come, these do not matter.
-- Come to the Orchard in Spring, Jellaludin Rumi

I danced all night... For the first time, in like, forever, I went out again and allowed myself to get lost in the dance. My body became every note that I heard. The music took over my basic motor functions and I was just a continouos spasm constantly gyrating and thrusting and swaying to the beat. I was possessed...

I keep forgetting how fucking wonderful it is to just dance. In that moment, all things are forgotten. There is only "now" when I dance...

I have decided to be happy. I have decided to not be a whining disgrace to the human race. I have decided to make a conscious effort to enjoy myself and the life that I have been given. I have decided to not want so much and to embrace and be grateful for what I have.

And if any moment I feel that I will falter... Then you know where to find me... In the middle of a dance floor somewhere; possessed by the music.

Dance, as if no one is watching...
Comments:
Good for you. :c) A time will probably come when I'll arrive at that same plane...dancing like there's no tomorrow. For now, I'm glad that you're already there.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?