"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, June 25, 2004

Listen here, young lady, all that matters is what makes you happy but you leave this house knowing my opinion won't make you love me if you don't care to... -- What Makes You Happy, words and music by Liz Phair

I've been sick, as in really, dog-assed sick. Mouth is healing up and my dentist told me I was a quick healer. I told her, "that's because I'm a masochist." I mean, by their very nature, masochists should heal faster than regular people, right? But whatever the case maybe, I just got so tired yesterday, hungry and weak. I couldn't stand and got the cold chills.

I wanted to take my cousins out but had no strength to even leave the house. I just plopped, half-dead onto my Father's bed and fell fast asleep. I woke up to have dinner with my Mom and knew that there was no way I could follow after my brother and my cousins. I still was in no shape. So instead, I watched Northfork, a gorgeous, gorgeous movie by the Polish brothers. Excellent cinematography, beautiful music and an understated story filled with beautiful imagery.

Sometimes one can only wish to be as talented as these people.

I woke up today feeling slightly better (but on a whole, still sick and worse) and listened to great music until I finally decided not to baby myself. I never do that when I'm sick. I fight it all the way and now I'm hear in an internet cafe writing all this down to all of you. I don't know what it is that the day has in store for me but I'm sure about one thing...

I'm still going strong, not giving up, fighting all the way...

Listen here young lady, all that matters is what makes you happy but you leave this house knowing my opinion won't make a difference if you're not ready... -- What Makes You Happy, words and music by Liz Phair
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?