"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

You have been writing too, haven't you?
You have been living, too, like me.
And loving and hoping and crying and smiling, too.
All at once, even.
Wave after ecstatic wave.
You have never felt more alive than now.
You have never felt closer to death than now.

You know what I mean.
-- The Last Rite, Nerissa del Carmen Guevara

Waking up is such a joy when you've had a full 8 hours of sleep. Your head isn't fuzzy and you aren't swimming in molasses trying to remember where you have to be and at what time. Things are clearer and breathing is easier and you aren't rushing and trying to catch up with lost time in a body that isn't fully re-charged.

If I can help it, I'd love to be able to get more sleep. But honestly, I'd rather use the time for other things...

I want to start reading again. I keep trying to start on Ivan Klima's "Love and Garbage" but can't seem to get the drive to trudge on with the book. Since all my books are now here with me, I'll just go through the box and look for something. There's always Richard Adams' "Plague Dogs." If it is written in any way like "Watership Down" then I'm sure to like it. Afterall, "Watership Down" is one of my favourite books.

I want to be able to start writing again. I haven't been as prolific as I used to be and that's a bad thing, really. I used to write over 10 drafts of poems every week or a short story draft once every 2 weeks. I just need more time on my hands, that's all.

My resignation as a production manager has pushed through. I'm pretty much ending the second season of the show and then once the replacement arrives, I'm going to be just a writer. That will free up more of my time. Truth is, I haven't been spending as much time with my friends as I want to. Worse of all, I've been making new friends almost every week. I don't have the time to commit to these friendships working 24-7 on the Cory Quirino Show. I love working with my director and Cory Quirino herself, but the show isn't paying me enough to work everyday, to think about the show all the time. I'm sorry... they didn't pay me to slave away my days.

Back to writing full-time. This is going to be a blast. And then soon, I'll be moving out. How scary. Things are moving quickly and there's no other course but to stay on the same speed. Rules of inertia or something like that. Let's just see where everything falls at the end of the day and if I can sleep well and wake up after 8 hours and not have to rush. Not like my whole month of April, eh?

Getting out of my blue funk. I can feel it slowly going away. Happiness is around the corner. Just have to reach it...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?