"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, May 07, 2004

This is not the time for secrets
Save your breath its time
for sex
with strangers
Its time
for sex
with strangers
-- Sex With Strangers, Marianne Faithful (written by Marianne Faithful and Beck Hansen)

That's it... The stage is set, all I need now is to choose a location and I'm gone. I'm moving out. I believe the pieces are ready, the scene is pretty much rehearsed... I've played it in my head several thousand times. All it needs now is the actual performance, with audience.

I got myself a checking account today. In order to properly pay my bills and to manage my accounts, I have a check book. That's it, there is no turning back now, I'm officially an adult. Those are the trappings, apparently... check book, TIN number, SSS number, bills for your rent and utilities... I've turned into an adult. I will be passing the point of no return. Anything childish/child-like that I'll be doing from hereon end will now be a young man's attempt to recapture youth. It will no longer be just some cute, funny thing young people do.

I don't know... I guess I'm putting a lot of importance on this. It just refuses to leave my mind. It is a huge shift of thinking. In fact, I'm pretty bored and tired of it already. I'm hoping I can just go and start talking about something else. I could talk about "Van Helsing" but I don't want to waste the effort. The movie was so bad, it was worth crying over... I couldn't believe they spent all that time, money and effort on that movie. It was a total waste of time.

And what happened to the Indigo Girls? Their latest album - "All That We Let In" is so uninspiring. Of the 11 songs in the album, only 3 or 4 are really worth listening to. What happened to them? They used to create such beautiful, beautiful songs... What happened to albums like "Swamp Ophelia" or "Rites of Passage?"

It just seems that though there is so much movement and action going on around us these days... Nothing seems to be really moving, nothing seems to be really growing. It is as if we've all stopped evolving.

And is this where we want to be? All these years, do we just sit happily like this? In this state that we are in? How sad... How truly sad...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?