"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Monday, May 31, 2004

I want something to believe in
When it all comes crashing down
Re-make the world no pain, no violence
Turn up the volume till there's total silence

I want what I want, I want it now
I feel what I feel, don't bring me down

-- I Want What I Want, Tata Young (written by Lauren Christy and Charlie Midnight)

People always use the metaphor of a violent, disturbing car accident for certain things -- particularly bad movies, certain people or situations. It's one of those things you are disgusted to see because of the blood and the wreckage but at the same time your eyes are locked into place and you can't turn away. You just have to slow down and watch.

They say that one of the reasons you cannot look away is because you are so glad it isn't you there. That you keep looking to ensure it isn't you or, to a smaller degree, anyone you know. Sometimes, you are drawn to the chaotic physics of the situation. Broken car, shattered glass, hindrance to the flow of traffics, maybe even blood and entrails scattered over the road; if you are a lucky, maybe a body in the middle of the streets -- things that occupy the recipe for chaos. And it is chaos.

And whatever you can say about chaos, you can be certain of one thing: chaos is truly lovely to behold. Chaos, after all, is not just disorder. It is also "random-ness" or "chance." Chaos is irrational, entropy, confusion.

And it is beauty. It is the unpredictable, that unseen variable that makes things take unexpected twists. It bends the road and then forks it. Do you go left or right? Do you go straight on ahead, even when there's no more path?

I try to make no more plans. Chaos, as beautiful as it maybe, has ruined all my plans so far and I find myself in strange, though quite comforting, shores... I think I can be happy and content where I am. I can definitely adjust and eventually thrive. It is in my nature, so I was told...

But I'll play everything by ear. Because this world is in chaos. There's no point in making any definite plans. Everything changes anyway. Have a destination - don't plan a route; just make sure you put one foot forward and keep going until you reach your destination. They say that the journey is what matters most, not the destination. If that's the case, then don't plan the route. Let your feet be your guide and let your feet be guided by your heart...
Comments:
very coelho...gives inexplicable goosebumps.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?