"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I disappeared for two days. Into the darkness I crawled and lost shape and form. No one could find me. For two days, I had lost all sense of time and reality. I could have been anyone had I chosen. Instead, I submitted to the darkness and crawled deeper in.

I was in a world I knew existed but never thought would participate in. I thought these clandestine world's where off limits to people like me. I thought I could only venture through in my imagination. But I was wrong. There is a place for me there too. There is a place for anyone small enough to crawl in the darkness. Remember: in there, it's not your size or shape but your willingness to get down on your knees and move.

I disappeared for two days. It's taking me all of my self to reclaim the pieces that were lost those two nights. But I have no regrets. None whatsoever. I'm a wiser man by far. I'm been through the darkness, got my knees dirty, scraped my hands groping on the floor. I was not looking for a way out. I was not looking for a way deeper in. I was making a space where I could belong.

Because, in truth, there is something to be said of people who thrive in both the darkness and the light.

I have disappeared for 2 days. I now know that this is possible.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?